A Destination for education
Virginia consistently ranks among the top five states for higher education with an impressive collection of renowned colleges and universities that attract students from around the nation and globe. Virginia’s learning institutions offer a wide range of healthcare degree programs through which students develop the skills needed to excel in rewarding healthcare careers.
Explore the map of schools and programs below. Click the pinpoint for more information and to link to the school’s website.
Live, Work, and Learn in Virginia
Did You Know?
Given the high demand of healthcare jobs, there may be opportunities for students to receive compensation or stipends in the form of scholarships, grants, or employer support. Also available are loan forgiveness opportunities to students pursuing healthcare careers.
Students who study and work in Virginia have access to the Health Workforce Incentive Programs listed and linked below.
- Conrad 30 J-1 Visa Waiver Program
- National Interest Waiver Program
- Virginia State Loan Repayment Programs
- Mary Marshall Nursing Scholarships (CNA, LPN, RN)
- Virginia Long-Term Care Facility Scholarship Program
- Virginia Nurse Practitioner/Nurse Midwife and Nurse Educator Scholarship Programs
- Virginia Behavioral Health Student Loan Repayment Program
- Virginia Dental Loan Repayment Program
- Virginia Nursing Preceptor Incentive Program
- Virginia G3 Program – Accelerate your healthcare education by earning certificates for a career as a medical assistant, home health aide, pharmacy technician, and more.
- Military Medics and Corpsmen (MMAC) Program – This state government program partners with healthcare providers such as hospital and health systems to place veterans with medical training in the civilian healthcare workforce while pursuing the necessary credentials to advance their careers.
Just Getting Started on Your Health Education Journey?
Explore the many available paths to a rewarding career in healthcare. Find career insight about training and education requirements, salary information, and more.